Procedure for applications for financial assistance from the IPC Fund
Limited International Phycological Congress (IPC) funds are available to assist colleagues in attending Congresses to share their research results with the international phycological community. The funds are provided to cover the costs of registration and/or accommodation, but not to cover the costs of travel. A prerequisite for receiving support is that the person supported should present a paper or a poster. A three-member selection committee, recommended by IPC11 conveners and approved by the IOC Chair and the IPS President, has been established to receive and evaluate applications for financial support.
- Application forms must be in English.
- The completed application should be submitted by e-mail to Dr Malgorzata Bak: email@example.com
- All applicants must submit to the Selection Committee: (a) a brief curriculum vitae (maximum 2 A-4 pages) plus a complete list of publications and previous conference presentations, (b) a completed application form including a short paragraph stating what benefit they expect to gain from attending the conference, (c) official verification of their student or employment status (if relevant) signed by their supervisor.
In order to be eligible to receive financial support, applicants should fall into at least one of the following categories:
- A postgraduate student in years 2-4 of their PhD An academic within 3 years of their first appointment,
- A delegate from a country with severe economic difficulties such as a very weak local currency, or great difficulties in obtaining foreign currency, or other criteria essentially demonstrating economic disadvantage.
- Economic considerations will be subject to appraisal at the time, by the selection committee in consultation with the IOC Chairperson and the IPS President.
- If not currently enrolled in the IPS, Student or Regular Membership of IPS is encouraged.