Welcome to the 11th International Phycological Congress Website
We look forward to welcoming you to Szczecin, Poland in 2017
Szczecin (How to Pronounce) is the capital city of the West Pomeranian Voivodeship in Poland. The population is about 420,000. Maritime industry is strong with a busy port and repair shipyard, as well as being a center of service industries. Situated near the border between Germany and Poland, Szczecin is sometimes considered one of the most liberal Polish cities.
The Congress will be held at the University of Szczecin from 13-19 August 2017. Registration will start on Sunday August 13th 2017 and ice breaker will be in the evening.
Early bird registration has been extended to April 15th 2017
- You can now register by clicking here.
Documents and links
- First Circular (PDF). Details of meeting, location, accommodation and hotels, grants, support, excursions and other information
- First Circular in Chinese (PDF)
- Second circular (PDF)
- Pre-congress excursion to Kraków and its surroundings (Link)
- List of hotels with costs and location, and conference centre map (PDF)
- Radisson Blu Hotel Registration Form (PDF)
- Flights to Szczecin
- Wikitravel: travelling to Szczecin, getting around, eating, shopping, highlights
Tall Ships Races (which will take place during the Congress) (Link) (Link)
Convener: Andrzej Witkowski (on right)
Website: Mike Guiry.